JOB POSTING: CASE MANAGER
A Case Manager position focuses on the direct delivery of the treatment elements of the recovery program of Westminster House Society. The Case Manager must liaise professionally and constructively with the management team to ensure the women receive coordinated and cohesive support from the entire staff team during their stay.
- Responsible for caseload of a maximum of 10 clients including all necessary documentation and assessments;
- Conduct client interviews and assessments, complete intake as needed and make referrals to alternate programs and services when necessary;
- Coordinate the services and support required by clients, consult with addiction service providers on an ongoing basis;
- Provide guidance and prepare and implement the individuals’ program plan, after-care plan, and document interpretive summaries, discharge summaries, assessments and reports as needed;
- Attend to, meditate, and counsel the families and personal support network of the client in residence;
- Respond to phone and fax messages as well as carry out clerical functions as needed to fulfil these duties. For example: faxing telephone, filing, computer, data entry, photocopying;
- Participate in events, activities and meetings.
- Minimum CCAC or equivalent certification;
- Knowledge of addiction field/continuum of care and clear working knowledge of the 12 steps;
- Ability to facilitate therapeutic group processes relative to the recovery process of individuals with addiction issues;
- Experience working with bio, psycho, social and spiritual model and motivational interviewing;
- Minimum 2-year experience in group facilitation and one to one counselling;
- Considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and sensitive nature;
- Strong ability to liaise professionally and courteously with health authorities, government and ministry contacts, staff and the public;
- Excellent ability to communicate in a compelling, clear and concise manner (both verbally and in writing) coupled with strong persuasion skills;
- Exceptional time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that efficiently utilizes resources and optimizes departmental efficiency;
- An approach to work that practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data for reports, assessments and case notes;
- Strong collaboration skills with peers and the ability to lead and direct staff as needed;
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position;
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution;
- Ability to work unsupervised and with a team;
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle or access to one;
- Valid first aid certificate and TB test;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite/Office 365 and Windows program structure –Windows 7 minimum;
- Keyboard (touch type) minimum 50WPM.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Centre:
No phone calls please.