Primary Care Treatment Program – Youth
We provide addiction recovery services to youth ages 16, 17, and 18. Girls who turn 16 within 12 months of intake can be eligible upon approval from the Clinical Director.
During a youth stay they explore the core issues that led to their addiction. The youth program presents the framework and an action plan that leads to sustainable recovery.
The youth live in a separate facility within the Westminster House campus. The peer to peer environment support the youth to be supervised at all times. They are groups of two or more women at all times to ensure complete safety and accountability to the program. Youth integrate into the community and attend a minimum of 7 12-step philosophy meetings per week. This creates a strong feeling of connection and where recovery is part of everyday life.
Primary Care Includes:
- Group Therapy
- Medical Assessment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- One to One Counselling
- Addiction Education
- Introspective writing (12 Steps)
- Health and Wellness
- Weekly access to addiction physician
- Exercise program
- Expressive arts
- Psycho-educational Programming
- Lifestyle and Nutrition
- Social Recreation
- Arts and Crafts
- Secondary School Options (upon approval from case worker)
- Long term abstinence from drugs and/or alcohol
- Improved psychical and mental health
- Improved family and social relationships
- Access to educational and employment opportunities